Center for Environmental Biology and Ecosystem Studies,
National Institute for Environmental Studies, Japan
Updated on the 14th of December 2016
- 1. Definitions
The following terms as used herein shall have the following meanings.
- "NIES" refers to National Institute for Environmental Studies, Japan.
- "CEBES" refers to Center for Environmental Biology and Ecosystem Studies, National Institute for Environmental Studies, Japan.
- "the website" refers to the website of the Lake Kasumigaura Database.
- "content" refers to any material contained in the website (e.g. text, images).
- "monitoring data" refers to content on the monitoring data page including data files and PDFs.
- 2. Use of the website
- All content available on the website is attributed to NIES.
- You must acknowledge the use of content.
- Monitoring data is made available for use in activities of a non-profit nature only.
- Users must contact the CEBES database administrator () before using monitoring data for any publications including conference presentations as well as handouts and presentation materials for meetings such as committees and councils. Co-authorship may be required for some publications depending on the manner in which the monitoring data is to be used.
- Only fish density data among monitoring data is licensed under a CC BY 4.0 license. The provisions of clauses 3 and 4 above are not applied to fish density data. You have no obligation to notify CEBES of any publication resulting from the use of fish density data, but nevertheless we would appreciate your feedback for future reference. Please send a digital copy or a web link of your publication to the CEBES database administrator ().
- 3. Citation
Use data paper citations for monitoring data which was published in data papers. For citing the website, please use the following citation as an example.
National Institute for Environmental Studies (2016) Lake Kasumigaura Database, National Institute for Environmental Studies, Japan. Accessed via http://db.cger.nies.go.jp/gem/moni-e/inter/GEMS/database/kasumi/index.html on DD-MM-YYYY.
To support our long-term monitoring, all of the data users also need to include the following text in acknowledgements in any publications: "The XXX data are those of the Lake Kasumigaura Long-term Environmental Monitoring Program of the National Institute for Environmental Studies, Japan."
- 4. Disclaimer
- While CEBES makes substantial efforts to ensure the accuracy of information on the website, definitive accuracy of this information is not guaranteed.
- CEBES is not liable for any loss or damage which may be incurred by the use and interpretation of the website.